[pct-l]Rack Of Lamb

Rack Of  lamb
As I was backpacking a few  miles short of Little Bear Springs Trail Camp I
rechecked my trail guide which  states it?s a haven for buzzing motocross
enthusiasts suggesting it might be  better to sack out farther down Holcomb Creek?
I decided to go for the  campground. What the hell!  Going  past the corrals,
I noticed a whole slew of motocross bikes instead of  horses.  It looked like
a little  city. There were kerosene lanterns lighting up the campground;
mosquito pots  circling a group of men drinking beer and relaxing. They offered me
a beer and  were passing around a tray of hors d?oeurvre
They had a chuck wagon  trailer with a four burner range, oven and a
refrigerator... The cook was busy  preparing dinner and one of the fellows asked me to
stay for dinner. The aroma  of what ever they were cooking filled the evening
air making my mouth water.  With a big smile on my face, I couldn?t resist
and without hesitating I said  ?Hell Yes?. Can you imagine this, ?Rack of Lamb,
mint jelly, asparagus and  scalloped potatoes; even hot rolls and dessert was
apple pie with ice cream.? In  the wilderness .
This absolutely was one of  the best meals I had doing the Pacific Crest
Trail. The group was a bunch of  doctors and professional bike riders from San
Diego. They go there every year so with  some luck you may run into them.
To top it all they had a  hot shower with clean bath towels. I set up my tent
and as I was preparing to  craw in someone hollered if I get up early I could
grab a few of the hot rolls  that were left over on a tray by the chuck
wagon...
What a life one day along the Pacific  Crest Trail next stop Deep Creek Hot
springs. Which is another  story?
Lonetrail