[pct-l] Heat acclimatization and training

I found the most difficult part of the entire PCT thru-hike was making the time available. The heat, the miles and the hills turned out to be all manageable. I agree that it is important to show up lean, with thought-out equipment and wearing shoes with which you are familiar. I had been running 30 or less miles a week and walking hills (steep) for months before the hike. However, the closer to the Kick off, the less time I found to exercise..., until I had to go hike to get any exercise. The heat of the desert was my fear.., but it was easy enough to manage by hiking in the cool hours, as much as possible, drinking enough water, soaking a shirt and bandana and soon the heat became part of the adventure, the badge of courage..., just like the snow and stream crossing would become in the High Sierra and the unremitting rain in Washington. I felt just like the Postman. Buzz