[pct-l] adapting to heat

In a message dated 12/27/2004 12:29:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu writes:

>>>Many people like to use bladder systems so that they drink  as they go.  I
don't do this, prefering to drink when I take a break,  generally every 2
hours.  Many people will say this is less efficient,  but I disagree.<<<

I do agree.  Without exception, the people I met who had trouble in  the
desert had bladder systems.  I think the ready availability of water  when there's
a hose right next to your mouth, makes you forget that, not only do  you have
to drink a lot of water, but the water you do have has to last.

"No Way" Ray  Echols