[pct-l] Re: Deep Creek Hot Springs

Hey

I got down to the bridge around 7 PM and there were about a dozen partying
under the bridge.  The marijuana was as thick as the bonfire they had  burning.
They had a smorgasboard of crack and  amphetamines.

I decided to get the hell out of there. As I was walking across the bridge  a
young couple walked with me. I was leary of camping there that  night The
couple said  said they had their car at the trailhead and  could take me to San
Bernardino. So I decided to jump off the trail for a few  days Well, at the
trail head there were four young men covered with prison  tattoos waiting for
them. Man I started to think have I dug myself into another  hole.

We all jumped in the SUV and I was in in the front seat by the window the
young girl beside. It was hot and I rolled down the window, they screamed closed
 the window we are going to smoke marijuana and we don't want any to escape
out the window; we inhale it all.. Then they asked me if I wanted one. I
replied," No thanks". They laughed and said, "You will inhale it  anyway".

It is about 18 miles down a winding mountain road and the driver, the male
of the nice young couple, got as high as a kite and started to speed. He was
hitting around 90 to 100 miles an hour. I figured this is the end and started
to  say the rosary. One of the tatooed men in the back holloered at the driver
and  said that he had just been out of prison for two weeks and wanted to
live.The  nice young girl remarked as I was getting out of the car, "Your lucky we
could  have killed you".

Well, so much for a day along the PCT. near the Hot Springs. .

Lonetrail