[pct-l] Deep Creek Hot Springs

In 2001 and 2002 we didn't see any rangers.  I camped at Deep Creek in 2001.  In 2003, the rangers showed up around dinner time.  In fact, they booted us literally minutes before we started cooking dinner, which they said would have included a huge fine.  The locals who were there told us that the rangers only show up a few times each year, and yes the rangers did hike in.  I guess it was just our unlucky day.

yogi

www.pcthandbook.com

Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
(Milepoint 309.2)

Is there camping there or not? Yogi in 2003 reports getting booted out of there,
others in 2004 report camping there. If it is just hit/miss depending on the
mood/presence of rangers, what about following the jeep road to Warm Spring on
the other side of the creek--is that feasible and is camping allowed there?

Also, the Guidebook reports that just *before* the hotsprings, there is a
"streamside terrace where the Forest Service plans an equestrian camp" (p. 150
in the 6th Edition). Have they built the camp? If not, is it a place one might
camp assuming one didn't want to take a chance on the rangers at the Hotsprings?

Thanks,
--Steve (who doesn't fancy sleeping on the bridge, a la Yogi & Friends)