[pct-l] Deep Creek Hot Springs

I camped there.......there were really good sites on the far end up
above...................................no problem.
Others were living there and staying long term.  I heard the permenent
resident Scott "Merchant", as the hikers names him for selling food and
beer, got the boot later on.  I don't know about hikers.
Rangers?  They'd have to hike in a ways.  I doubt you'ld see them if you
set up in the evening.
Cool place.  Not good camping after that from what I remember.  Maybe not
before.

Monty

Spring on
> the other side of the creek--is that feasible and is camping allowed
there?

> Also, the Guidebook reports that just *before* the hotsprings, there is a
> "streamside terrace where the Forest Service plans an equestrian camp"
(p. 150
> in the 6th Edition). Have they built the camp? If not, is it a place one
might
> camp assuming one didn't want to take a chance on the rangers at the
Hotsprings?