[pct-l] April Kickoff and Gear Fair

Brett says>>>>>>>>>Perhaps Switchback feels the unintended consequences of a
slippery slope, upon which certain gear manufacturers are indeed allowed to
hawk their wares at the Kickoff,
presumably for the benefit of the sellers (mostly former thru-hikers) and
fledgling thru-hikers alike.

Second wind>>>>  Years ago on the AT a thru-hiker names "Bandana light"
wrote in a log book...

"Gear is not my problem; gear is not my solution."  --Bandana Light

I often quote the phrase to myself (when discovering the disappointment in
whatever new gear I bought to solve my last problem.)   I've notes most
thru-hikers are pre-occupied with gear before Campo/Springer and for the
first month out...after that many almost ignore it and hate to talk about
it...  it is a distraction form the Trail.
(But that doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile conversation here...after all
there is no Trail to experience (yet).

--Second Wind

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.