[pct-l] DEET - where?

I seem to have the ability to bump into those critters all the time in
southern California.  But rather than carry a whole jug of deet, I'll
buy one of the miniscule bottles of breath freshener that one finds at
the checkout stand in supermarkets.  I'll pop the drop top, dump out the
teaspoon of breath juice, and dump in a half teaspoon of jungle juice
and replace the top.  A couple of drops on the under brim of my hat and
a couple on my knuckles, make a big difference in the number of times
the rascals seem to plug me.