[pct-l] DEET - where?

Victor:

I didn't notice any mosquitoes before Kennedy Meadows.  I don't know if Det works on gnats, but there were several places early on where the gnats were horrible!  I swear they were doing coordinated dive raids on my eyes when I was climbing up San Jacinto.  Everytime I killed one or two, they radio'ed for re-enforcements.  One of the happiest momments of my life was when I killed three with one swat!  lol

I didn't carry any Deet until the Sierra.  Starting in Mexico,  I'd recommend that you consider carrying a ultralight headnet like this one sold at Dancing Light Gear (1/2 oz., $2.50)

http://www.trailquest.net/dlgcheadnet.html

I'd also recommend carrying twice the amount of Deet you think you'll need when you go through the Sierra.

Lucky

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.