[pct-l] Slap Me Some Gearskin!

I assume you're saying it's your BIVY that you no longer
use, and not the Gearskin. But the reason I raised the issue
of the Gearskin was a concern about how well the system
would work when packing a single wall tent, ie Tarptent.
Interior condensation can be spooky enough just to look at,
especially when using an ultralight down bag. Now the makers
of Gearskin want us to try wrapping our bag INSIDE of the
shelter like the shelter's a stuff sack? And wearing it on
our back exposed to the elements? And all for the
back-breaking weight of 24 flippin ozs? C'mon - a homemade
silnylon pack and quadruple stuff-sacks all around weigh
less than that!

Is the convenience worth the risks?

- blisterfree

Dervish wrote:

Eer . . .  uh . . . but now that I use Henry's Virga
Tarptent, I, uh,
<cough>  . . . . uh, don't really use it at all any longer .
. . .
mmmmmm. . . . uh, yeah. . . ..
-dervish