[pct-l] Re: [so_california_backpackers] PCT-Section "B", 74-Saddle Junction: Trail Condition?

PCT-Section "B", 74-Saddle Junction: Trail Condition?Hey Mike, I was thinking of going up there this weekend if the weather stays this nice.  I was going to day hike to either Live Oak Spring or Cedar Spring.  Any takers out there?  Anyway, I will let you know what I find out.  Just by eyesight, the snow level appears to be in 6000 to 7000 foot range.  With the warmer temperatures, it is probably melting in the day and freezing up at night.  Which of course makes for nasty icy conditions.  Anyway I'll let you know.... Eric Yakel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Saenz
  To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net ; so_california_backpackers@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:40 PM
  Subject: [so_california_backpackers] PCT-Section "B", 74-Saddle Junction: Trail Condition?

  Does anyone have an idea what the conditions of the PCT, Section B from the 74 to Saddle Junction are like right now?
  I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to hike this section next month, but with the weather we've been getting lately, it might be a spring condition hike up there!

  I was in Big Bear near the PCT and 18 last weekend and there was only patches of snow for the most part, completely dry in the exposed areas and only thin, dirty coverage in the protected slopes.

  M i c h a e l   S a e n z
  McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
  A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
  w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor