[pct-l] Food Cost

Hi Steel-Eye,

> A fresh trout meal is a real treat, but unless you catch a bunch of them
> in a short period of time, you will probably loose ground Calorically.

I agree. I'm looking to supplement with berries, mushrooms and fish - but
this is mostly for fun and variety. If a hiker was to seriously starve he
could live of trout by fishing all day. But this would deplete the streams
rather quickly.

The closest I have come to "living off the land" was when skin diving for
abalone. Those suckers have so much meat, that even the limit of 3 a day
will feed you well. But this can be done only for a week, because the
yearly max is 24 of them...

Ilja.