[pct-l] Fish ID

They are suckers. Unknown if they are the famous Sacramento sucker.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilja Friedel <ilja@cs.caltech.edu>
Sent: Dec 10, 2004 12:45 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Fish ID

Hi,

around Kern hot springs I've noticed many large fish in the Kern river.
First I thought they where huge trout. But they where bottom feeding, up
to 2 ft large and not shy at all. They where green on top, white on the
side (I think) and had white fins (for sure). Little red eyes? The closest
fish in appearance I found on the web might be the Sacramento Sucker. Are
those common in the Kern river?

Ilja.