[BULK] - Re: [pct-l] PCT Origins / Completion Statistics

Billy Goat's words are great advice for those who earn a wage that will allow them to work for only part of the year, and follow other pursuits in the balance.  Conditions are such in this world that most do not get to the point where they have this choice.

-=Donna Saufley=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com>
Sent: Dec 9, 2004 9:41 AM
To: yogi <yogihikes@sbcglobal.net>, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: so_california_backpackers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [pct-l] PCT Origins / Completion Statistics

Regarding costs and lifestyles of long distance hikers...

Most enduring memory of last year's ADZPCTKO: Billy Goat's sub-9 pound
kit. Winner of the G-Force award! And composed of perhaps the least
expensive pieces...

And his quote in "walk" regarding lifestyle, the one about working
during the off season just enough to afford his next thru-hike...

There's some serious lessons here.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m