[pct-l] first women solo....the pct..

In the book, Pacific Crest Trails, by Hazard, he reports that a woman in the
Mt. Rainier, or Pacific Nth West, or (I forget the name right now) climbing
club first suggested the idea of a trail stretching all of the way from the
northern most tip of Alaska, down the Pacific coast mountains all of the way to
the southern tip of Sth America. I don't recall that she hiked the equivalent of
the PCT back then.  The first person ever to apparently hike from Canada to
Mexico in one calendar year was Martin Papendick in 1952.

Greg

In a message dated 12/8/2004 3:23:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,