[pct-l] Horse Story

Several years ago I was on the trail between the PCT and June Lake near
Mammoth, CA. We were tired and it was getting dark, so we just set up camp right
next to the trail.  After all hardly no one would be coming along at night and
we would be gone by early morning.

Well, sometime during the night hear comes this noise and before we could
stand up, a run away horse goes flying by.  Sure glad we did not set up on the
trail.  Would definitely been injured.

Next morning here comes a cowboy from up the trail looking for the horse and
asked if it passed this way.  The horse was stopped about 1/2 miles down the
trail at another horse camp we found out a little later.

The horse had decided it did not want to pack anymore and was headed for the
corral down at the trailhead 5 miles away.  Ha, ha.  Smart horse.

Switchback