[pct-l] bicycles, bears, and lessons learned

I  have watched bears teach their cubs how to live safely with humans and nature; and what we have taught k is that "bikes and pct" are dangerous, we have cuffed him with a soft paw, and yet he may feel it as a hard scold. I have watched many bears in my time, and there is a point in the cub's lesson where the scold becomes a scar, and the point of the lesson can be lost in the innocence of the cub's error. We have pawed this lesson around within the herd, while the cubs have watched and the meaning of our experience and wisdom may have strayed and may be misinterpreted. I too mountain bike, and cycle beyond reasonable norms; but I respect the PCT and honor it's denial of my/our/your cycling and wheeled pleasure. A simple lesson, and I consider it honorable to respect it's place in our world as a trail for foot travel only. Of course there are laws, and scowls, scratches, and scolds to be expected from the herd should we stray from the lesson. Our place is to inform, with wisdom, to new hikers or cubs and instill a sense of respect for the PCT that makes them want to follow us down this path we have traveled respectfully. There is much to be learned from the soft paw of experience within this herd of growling bears..and don't be surprised if you get bit once in awhile, for we are a passionate herd of animals!!  I welcome k bear into the herd, he has challenged the herd, learned, and shows great spirit. May the herd also do so.  In closing from my cave:  every trailhead and roadcrossing has a basic rules poster for bears that can read....woof.
http://users.sisqtel.net/losthiker/The%20Pct%20Rules!.jpg