[pct-l] Wet feet and blisters

>>> I had a different problem of an in-grown toenail that got infected right
around Pinchot pass. I couldn't control the infection at all because my feet
were always wet, so I had to get off trail at Mammoth Lakes

>> An ingrown toenail can be excruciating, I would probably turn into a ball of
goo and would beg and whine for a medivac.

Regarding ingrown toenails, trim your nails the right way before you start
and pack a simple nail file. Replace the file in alternating drop boxes.
Trim the nails straight across and avoid rounded corners which will dig into
the sides of the nailbed. Drawing your finger across the edge of the nail
will tell you how much can be filed down. Rough edges will catch on socks
and put pressure on the nail and nailbed, which can lead to black
toenails--which you want to avoid at all costs. A bit of care every few
days, filing your toenails, will help prevent problems later in your hike.

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website