[pct-l] Gear Heads

Bluce Ree wrote:

>When I choose gear I try to make sure it's gear that I
>can easily replace. Plastic poncho, plastic bags, tin
>foil etc... That way I don't have to worry about gear
>getting lost, stolen or broke.
>
>Something to think about you "gear heads". <lol>

Good point, Bluce.  As llama packers we commit to carrying out any
abandoned gear or trash we find.  People lose or discard an astonishing
amount of stuff out there.  You really wouldn't believe it.  Having seen
how easily people lose things and having lost a few items in the early
days, I have gotten manic about securing and keeping track of my stuff.
There is a trade off to be considered when it comes to buying gear
though.   Cheap and easily replaceable can't always be the foremost
consideration.
llamalady