[pct-l] Who is thru hiking in '05?

Hi,

I will attend ADZ "05"and will be section hiking I-R 784 miles beginning early July. The plan is to follow up by joining the class of "06" for the complete hike.

Enjoy,

Leo.

From: jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net (Jeff Moorehead)
Date: Thu Nov 18 10:16:42 2004
Subject: [pct-l] affording a thru-hike

Dan and Nina,
 I can't imagine a better time to do the PCT other than breaking with your
normal mode of living for a significant change in direction as far as
careers or education. Some time ago, I got my Phd in Biology and believe me,
that is a significant break in the landscape of life. In most programs, you
won't be making much more money as a grad student than if you were hiking
all the time :)  And it sounds like the frugal lifestyle your leading now in
order to afford a thru hike will be good conditioning  for that. I have a
good teaching job from which I am going to resign before starting a
completely new line of work. That is my significant break in the action. I
can't leave until 2006 as well. Affording the thru-hike? I bartend!
 See you on the trail in '06!!
 Jeff