[pct-l] Re: Survival and affording a thru-hike

If anyone doubts that Marge is tough for a "old gal," we now know better
since she has become a competitive powerlifter. I've done weight training
myself and found that it helps on both the ascent and descent of steep
mountain trails. But I knew Marge was tough ever since she spent three
nights alone on the PCT, immobile and in pain after breaking her leg. For an
account of her accident and survival tactics, see the May 2000 section of
her hiking journals at

http://www.prothman.org/marge/hiking/PCT/southern_california.htm

Tom Griffin
Seattle