[pct-l] knee pain

Hi,

Similar pain occurred to me on the PCT, due to tight
hamstrings placing more stress on knee and hip.  For
me on right knee only, and also from steep downhills.
Stretching my hamstrings several times per day solved
the problem.

When standing upright, cross one ankle in front of the
other.  Hang over from the waist, gently, with arms
dangling towards the ground, and with legs straight.
You will feel mild stretch in one hamstring.  There is
no point in touching the ground - stretching should be
gentle.  Hold for about 30 seconds.  Cross the other
ankle, then repeat for the other leg.  Stretching is
best when muscles are warm.  Stretching benefits are
long term, and not a hiking-only benefit.  You could
start now.

All the best.  Larry H