From: Mark Wright <markwright@AboveCalifornia.com>
Sent: Nov 10, 2004 12:14 AM
To: Norma <n.ruiz@verizon.net>
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] ,,,,ATTENTION,,,,{two volcanos}

It's actually UNDER Yellowstone and it's called a caldera. That's where
the geysers and hot springs come from. The park map that they hand out
at the entrance gates outlines its boundary. It's pretty big and if it
ever goes off it will likely change life as we know it throughout North
America. They found boulders from a previous Yellowstone caldera
eruption as far west as California I think, or near enough to
California to give the folks at FEMA nightmares. Basically, anybody in
the general vicinity of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and the like will be
dead. Fortunately, it won't explode for a million years or so. There
was a really good PBS or Discovery Channel show about it a few years
back, but I forget which show it was.

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add

Wanna frag? Add the ..::LVL Sherlock Channel and get the newest Quake3
maps:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/LVL/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add