[pct-l] Scott Williamson Border Arrival Update

Scott spoke to Jeff this morning and asked that we let anyone who's interested know that he anticipates arriving at the southern terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail in Campo, on Saturday, November 13, at approximately 2:00 p.m. (yes, he's that good at calling it -- he did the same coming through here!).

He will have completed the first ever single season "yo-yo" of the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada and back again -- 5,300 miles.

If someone has a contact at the Border Patrol office in Campo, it might not be a bad idea to give them a heads-up about this, not knowing how many people may want to show up to witness Scott's entry into the record book!

For anyone who would like to be there, but can't, I will happily collect and print your email messages and give them to Scott after his arrival. Please note that they are for him in the subject line.

Scott is such a quiet, soft-spoken soul.  This goal has been so intensely personal for him, and achieving it elusive.  And yet, with the indomitable spirit that arises in the human heart, he has persisted again and again against the odds and the elements.  The true heart of a champion.

We, as so many of you, are in awe.

-=Jeff & Donna Saufley=-