[pct-l] Can you ID these Mystery Flowers?

Packman...For your photo #5 (7/12) suggest: Mimulus cardinalis--scarlet monkey flower.)  . Also see web site for" Calflora" under their species information section. Many good photos. Use" Monkey Flower" ( 2 words)  . nice info from Alpineflower..super thanks for nice photos and sketches  . . . .Patt
________

Hi Patt.... I wanted to post this on-line, because I should know better than to say "... but it's definitely a Monkeyflower", just because it looked like a "strange and morphed looking" Lewis' Monkeyflower to me, from the angle of that one photo!! (Red face).  I think it's highly likely that it's Mountain Pride - which is what most folks have suggested (if you visit the link again) ; I've never seen this Penstemon flower in person, and was also unfamiliar with it in books before......It's not Scarlet Monkey Flower - it's flowers are bright orange-red, of which all petals are strongly recurved, and its leaves have several vertical veins (not just one strong center vein as pictured). It's not very easy to ID wildflowers, is it. I got into butterflies too this year - and, same story there! (;~D)....  -AP