[pct-l] Journal by digital voice recorder

Glad to know the info was useful...I didn't document each and every photo,
though I could have. I did number my rolls of film and each time I finished a
roll, I noted what the last photo was. I could certainly have documented each
one, but it would have been a bit of a hassle: take out camera (from shoulder
strap pouch), snap picture, replace camera, pull out recorder, flip hold switch,
record data, flip hold switch, replace recorder. Usually I had my umbrella in
the other hand so all this would have been done one-handed. Doable, but fiddly.
On a longer trip (when my memory would fade more) or with a transcriber, I'd
definitely document the photos more. As it is, if I have the photos in order,
and know roughly where each was taken, I can remember enough details to say
"that's lake X".

I'm bad with names, though, so this time after I met people I'd quickly record
people's names if I had them.