From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Craig Milo
Rogers
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 6:35 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [BULK] - [pct-l] So. Calif Forests to Close until Rain?

	Early reports indicate that Friday and Monday the Cleveland,
San Bernardino, and Angeles National Forests will raise their fire
level ratings to "Extreme".  As I recall, under the rules published
earlier this summer, an extreme fire danger level meanis that
recreational activities, including hiking, will be forbidden in these
areas.

	Here are a couple of links to early reports:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/news/2004/09/firelevincrease.shtml
http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/10842487p-11760274c.html
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/
the_valley/9741835.htm?1c
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20040923-0709-forest.html

	The Angeles NF and San Bernardino NF websites don't have
anything relevant in their newsroom or front page postings, but the
Cleveland NF website implies that the other two NFs will implement
similar measures.

					Craig "Computer" Rogers