[pct-l] Digital Cameras

I have been experimenting with a 3 meg digital Minolta and found the
following problem.  I find an action shot approaching, wildlife, someone going over a
waterfall, etc. and I quickly pick up the camera and aim and press the button
and . . . the camera thinks for a split second on the focus and lighting and
. . . then finally takes the image.   By then, of course, the action is long
over and I have missed it.

With my 35 mm film cameras I tend to try to keep them set to the lighting of
the moment and thus must only focus manually in order to collect this instant
in time, and when I push the shutter button that is the moment that I record,
not some moment in some portion of a second later.

Maybe I need to try a better digital camera?

Us amateur photographers need to stick together so we can become dangerous
amateur photographers.

Greg