[pct-l] Re: the ulitmate bring list

Yeah, but in my case I have listed all the right stuff.  Trust me kids. And
I have the same tent as lodgepole, same sleeping bag as no one, same
backpack as steve and same underwear as iceman (we take turns), same
generator as.....ahhhh gotcha!

Bring it.

Booyah!

Mouse

<whitethunder10@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: the ulitmate bring list
>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:40:36 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
>
>Like I said everyone thinks their gear is the right stuff, and know two
>backpackers use the same gear.

"look at that
> [...]
degree
>bag with no fill in the bottom part of the neck tube-it's a little
different
>now, I think it is now a 10 degree bag and is call the versalight super
>cause they added down to that part)
>3.  WEstern mountaineering flight jacket.. used during the high
sierras...
>- everyone wanted one.
>4. don't use any stuff sacks
>-Just line your bag with a trash compactor bag - just shove your
sleeping
>bag and clothes in there. (of course you'll need bags for your food and
one
>for tolietries)
>5.  Sleep with your food.
>-Kids listen.  I was fearful of this too when I first started so I
bought a
>bear bag (ursack).  truth is that bears are big ass racoons and aren't
going
>to come in your tent, but they will stay around all night to try to get
food
>out of trees. the only place you might want to hang you food is in
>washington where mice will eat hole sin your tent and run around your
head
>to get to it.  ANd if you camp just before or just after yosemite.  I
walked
>past both of these areas in one day so still didn't use a canister or
bear
>bag.  Also many of us talked to billy goat- a legend who has hike the
trail
>like 5 times. He said the only place he won't sleep with his food is in
the
>immeadiate yosemite area.
>- and pleeaaaase don't buy a bear canister.
>6. Don't buy a nalgene bottle, use gatorade bottles and platypus bags.
>-come on does this need any more explaination?  Lighter and both last
>forever.
>7. MSR titan kettle
>-perfect size
>8. pepsi can stove
>OK, I covered the main stuff. and don't be a fool and get a pack any
bigger
>than a granite gear nimbus ozone.  most had smaller packs. and please
don't
>buy hiking boots. really.  You just want thick soled trail runners.
>I'm out,
>Mouse
>

> >From: "Judith Rush" <crush@ptd.net>
> >To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
> >Subject: [pct-l] RE: Suggestions for "to bring List"
> >Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:26:05 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
> >
> >My pack weight without food fuel and water is 9 lb 4 oz, I don't no
the
> >exact weight of each item, but will give a estimate.
> >Pack -- G-5 from Gossamergear.com I used a G-4 pack for years,and
loved it,

> >but I ever filled it up so I went with the smaller G-5 I passed the
G-4
>down
> >to  my son. It weighs around 8 oz I did modify it a little
> >
> >My tents a Nomad Lite from Wanderlustgear.com I gave my old nomad
to my son

> >and bought a new one for the PCT last year. The old tent and G-4
pack did
> >the AT and many other trails with me. It weighs 1 lb 12 oz, but
takes about

> >5 months to get one. If you need one sooner six moon designs has a
2 man
> >tent at 2 lbs has lots of room.
> >
> >I use a Z-lite  sleeping pad from Gossamer gear
> >
> >My bag is a Western Mountaneering ultralite weighs 1 lb 12 oz but
the Kelty

> >light year is only 4 ozs heavier for a third of the price.
> >
> >My extra cloths are a bathing suit, long sleeve nylon shirt, 2
extra smart
> >lite hiker pairs of socks, two pair of coolmax sock liners, a
balaclava, a
> >Marmot flash sweater, ( a fluffy lightweight jacket ) which is also
my
> >pillow and 2 extra bandanas. This isn't counting what I'm wearing.
Oh and