[pct-l] Sorels for snow shoeing

>>snowshoeing).  I've heard good things about Sorels
>>before.  For shoeing day-hikes or overnighters, how

I like more Sorels for winter travel for the reason
you mention: Cold, wet feet during winter is not just
an inconvenience...it is dangerous!

It is gets a little cold and snowy in the Colorado
high country during winter. :-)

At the start of every season I put a fresh coat of
Sno-seal on my boots. I also wear my Sorels with high
gaiters so as to not get snow in them.

What I like about Sorels for the winter camping I do
is that the liners come out. Will leave the leather
shells in the vestibule and hang in the tent/igloo/hut
with my liners on. Comfy and warm! If it is really
cold out, will even wear my liners to bed.

I also do tele-mark falling (with my ski skills, it is
more like falling! :D) and will wear Scarpa T2s. These
hard, plastic tele boots have a liner that comes out
as well. I am a very lousy skiier so I never go on
overnights with skis. Don't even want to think about
wearing a pack with the way I ski!

If you want to see the Sorels in action while I made
an igloo, check out the pics from last winter:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/cowint04?&page=9

(OK..better igloo pics than Sorel pics. :D)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com