[pct-l] boots, OK,,

 I did not mean to suggest that I would willingly
carry 70 pounds. Only that I have done so wearing
light footwear. I tend towards the ultralight,
preferring packweights below 25 pounds..

 And I am 28. However I do believe that people much
older can hike in similar footwear, given the
necessary training (simply walking on trails carrying
a pack ought to do just fine).

 And yes, the Sherpa people are amazing. I saw one guy
carrying a load of wood (must have been upwards of 90
pounds). He was wearing flipflops and was a little
tipsy from the chang he drank with his lunch..

 Mike

=====