[pct-l] sorels for snowshoeing

I guess my boot question started quite a discussion.
I'm fine with everybody wearing whatever the heck they
feel good about.  More power to you.  However, thank
you to the fellow trail-runner wearers that described
when they do actually feel they need boots (i.e. for
snowshoeing).  I've heard good things about Sorels
before.  For shoeing day-hikes or overnighters, how
heavy duty/waterproof/high-cut a boot do you prefer?
I'm guessing that since this is winter hiking we're
talking about, we're actually using these boots to try
and stay 100% dry rather than just get soaked and not
give a crap like in the High Sierra in June?

thanks,
the Onion