[pct-l] Sierra Footwear question

honestly, it depends on the year.  if its a heavy snow year, wearing
trail running shoes will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.  if
its a very dry year, it might be completely possible.  if its an
average year, it might be do-able if you are not among the first group
through the sierras and are able to follow in the footsteps of previous
hikers.

in any event, I wouldn't even try it without an Ice axe, especially in
mid june.  in fact, you can almost bank on there being alot of snow in
mid june regardless of how heavy the snow was the preceding winter.

peace,
dude