[pct-l] Hiking with a bear can this weekend

Hi,

So we hiked with bear cans this weekend. Feeling a bit ridiculous as in the
Belgian Ardennes all you might meet are cows, dogs, cats and the occasional
mouse. But they are good camp chairs...

It did fit well into my GoLite Breeze. I put my sleeping bag in the bottom
and my jacket between my Z-rest/backpad and the bear can. That worked out
well enough.

My pack was completely filled up, but not to the absolute maximum of the
extension collar. I'll carry more things next time, to relieve my hiking
partner. Going ultralight by having someone else carry your things is no big
feat...

All in all, it was OK. If I had any doubts before, I don't now. The bear can
will come with us to Yosemite.

Saskia