[pct-l] foam clogs - gear review/info

After looking at all the clog-related posts today I thought I would
relate that I have a pair and they are called CROCS. I bought mine at
REI for $30 so I know they have them (also online). When I first saw
them earlier this year in the store I thought they would make excellent
camp and stream-crossing shoes with their light weight. My womens size
8 equivalents weigh 10 oz for the pair. In addition to the light
weight, they do not take on water weight after using them to ford a
stream, unlike Tevas and other water surf shoes that are made of fabric
and must then dry out after using them, while attached to the back of
one's pack. Slapping them together a few times after use will shake out
any remaining water droplets. For the fashion-conscious hiker, they
also come in black, blue, green, red and yellow.

I believe there are several different styles, mine have a strap on the
back and holes in the top and sides of the shoe. The soles are
surprisingly grippy, although I wouldn't recommend them for walking
over talus :-)

Lynn