[pct-l] new bear protection device

I'm reminded of Jurassic Park when it comes to goats...

"Where's the goat?  What happened to the goat?!"

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of ECPG
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 4:58 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: Chalbeb@aol.com
Subject: [pct-l] new bear protection device

Carry a goat!!
We were on the TRT this month and in the middle of the night a bear wandered
by camp to check out the bear cans.
All 5 goats, 2 with horns, got up and headed toward the bear. Two goats were
tied so they all formed a line facing the bear. Bear took one look at these
strange creatures and left.
We have wondered how bear/goat interfaces would go, but no one seems to have
had a problem with black bears and goats so far.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com