[pct-l] Supplex long pants and shirt

In a message dated 7/16/2004 11:37:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
marge@prothman.org writes:

> I wear the supplex long pants and long sleeve shirt (Railriders) for
> hiking.
> I am off into the Sawtooths (Idaho) mountains for the weekend. Has anyone
> had any experience wearing this type of clothing in Mosquito country.  Or,
> does it all need to be treated with Perithiam (sp).  Somewhere I think I
> remember someone saying that the mossie do not bite through Supplex.

Oh they can, especially on your shoulder blades where the cloth tends to be
tight, clever little critters.  For this reason I like to carry a bottle of
spray deet.
Permethrin is for ticks.

Sawtooths aye?  I'm envious.  Have a great hike,

Sly