[pct-l] PCT Fires in San Diego Co., CA

	There are a couple of fires near the PCT in eastern San Diego
County, CA.

	The Mataguay fire is burning from Lake Henshaw towards
Ranchita.  The town of Ranchita was evacuated for a while.  Since the
PCT runs north/south between Lake Hanshaw and Ranchita, I think it's
fair to assume that the PCT should not be hiked in that area right
now; it might even be "al carbon".  This fire was started by bottle
rockets near a Boy Scout reservation (there's no word at this time if
the Boy Scouts will be charged for the costs of fire supression and
rehabilitation, as in the ongoing case in Utah).

	There is a small fire near Lake Morena, probably caused by
lightening.  I don't know how close it is to the PCT, but it can't be
far.

http://www.kfmb.com/topstory27214.html
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20040714-9999-1m14fires_update1.html
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/3527690/detail.html