[pct-l] PCT advice

As a point of information, so you know how hard the trail is in S CA, I had to replace shoes on my horses at 110 miles, when normally they last 500-600 miles.  That's how tough the tread is !  Imagine how your dogs paws would be if steel shoes wear out that quickly!!
Crest Rider
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Lee (GAMES)<mailto:elee@microsoft.com>
  To: Erin Reading<mailto:ninskyaroo@hotmail.com> ; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net<mailto:pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 2:45 AM
  Subject: RE: [pct-l] PCT advice

  I wrote:

  If I recall correctly, one had even thru-hiked the AT
  previously.

  I found the reference at
  http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=2039<http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=2039>.  ERT Man and Red
  had thru-hiked the AT in 2002, but Red had to get off the trail at
  Warner Springs this year.

  Did I mention that Southern California is brutal for dogs?

  Eric