[pct-l] Scout Merit Badge Hikes

In my opinion for scouts earning any merit badge requireing physical
endurance should earn the rank of 1st class scout. Then again in my opinion they
should earn the first aid and swimming merit badges so "if" something goes wrong on
an outing they have a little physical and mental maturity behind them.

Remember the "hiking merit badge" is hiking, not backpacking so the
participents need only their essentials for the weather.

Some 12 and 13 year olds are up to making 20 miles while others including 16
year olds are not.

Let the leader decide.

These are my observations while being a scout leader for 16 years.