[pct-l] re: Golite Gear

>>Indeed, most of their products that I own were made
in >>China. I haven't seen anything of their's made in
>>Japan.

I think the original poster may be getting mixed up
with MontBell.

Mont Bell is a Japanese based company that also makes
much lightweight gear. Most of their gear is indeed
made in Japan. It has been fairly recently where they
have been marketing in the US.

Their gear is a bit more expensive than most, but is
very light. I actually bought their SilNylon rain
pants as they were the lightest out there (2.4 oz).
Found the pants to be well made and have been happy
with them so far.  Their US office is located here in
Boulder, CO. Their main store is located two blocks or
so from where I work. :-)

As the second poster on this thread said, lightweight
gear does require some more care than traditional
gear.
A tradeoff, but one that can be worth it depending on
your use/needs.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com