[pct-l] Ultra-light Digital Camera Recommendation

I just picked up the Nikon Coolpix 4100. My considerations were weight,
replaceable batteries, decent imaging, and size. I started really wanting a
Minolta Dimage xg, but couldn't accept a proprietary rechargable battery. I
then looked at the Pentax Optio S40, but found too many reviews showing the
images to be soft on the edges. I was ready to buy the 3-megapixel Nikon
3200, until the 4MP 4100 came out this month for just $50 more.

Weight (without batteries and memory card): xg 4.2 oz, S40 4.4 oz, 4100 4.9
oz.
(I suspect having replaceable batteries (AA cells) will add another ounce
over a flat lithium ion.)

Size: All three are similar, although the xg is about 1/4 inch thinner.
Still fits fine in my pocket.

I wasn't too worried about dust and moisture resistance. If conditions are
bad, I'm more interested in pushing to camp than taking pictures.

AsABat