[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 15, Issue 7

Well, if I added it up right, you'll need to average around 32 miles a
day from Ashland to Canada. If you really want to go for it (and
since you just did your first 40+ miler, you apparently do want
to go for it), you'll want to average 35 mpd in Oregon, then
30 mpd in Washington. And take no days off. Certainly doable
if you are willing to work that hard. Oregon "is" easy compared
to CA and WA.  Pace yourself using the daily mileage listed above,
and you'll make it. I'd recommend "not" trying to hammer out any more
40 mile days, since the time it takes to recover from the effort might
affect your overall mileage in the long run.

Someone else can now advise that you are nuts to even try this :-).

David Paulson (WalkOn)