[pct-l] Knee Injury

Does anyone have any advice on a sore knee.  My right knee has started
bothering me.  Never had it before.  It started when I started my summer swimming
program.  I just went for 10 minutes in the pool twice and just swimming very
slowly.  That seem to do it.  My knee started hurting and now my trial name will
have to "gimpy".  I am taking Glucosamine with MSM from the health food
store.  Also I am wearing an elastic brace.  I heard that a cold pack was the way
to go and not heat.  This might cancel my Mt. Whitney hike in late July.
Thanks for any advice, Switchback