[pct-l] mountain driving

For those of you are not familiar with driving on narrow mountain roads, there  are a few courtesies that are commonly observed.
1. The uphill traffic has right of way!!!
2. If the downhill traffic is bigger than you, YOU pull over. It is easier for you to find a spot to pull over safely than a long truck and trailer and it is easier for you to get started again.  You can pull over to the "wrong side " of the road if that is the only wide spot.  Take advantage of ditches too.
3. If you are going slower than traffic behind you, then YOU pull over at the first possible site and let them go by.
4.  When passing on dusty roads SLOW  DOWN!!!
5. Stay away from the edge as much as possible when driving on the outside edge, as the bank may give way.  This is more important when it has been raining  and the ground is wet.  (I just rescued a guy who forgot this important fact!!)
6.  I Probably don't have to say this to people on this list, but if you see someone alongside the road, STOP and ask if they need help.  You may be the only person who has come along and may be the only one for days.
As a person who lives up a narrow mountain road and drives it all the time---Leave your cares and worries in town and enjoy the country side!!  In other words  SLOW DOWN!!!  Those of us who drive these roads all the time do tend to drive them quite fast, but we know where the potholes and washboard sections are and will slow down for them.
Have a great holiday and I hope most of you won't read this for at least a week because you out enjoying.  As for me the horses need to be fed all the time!!
Crest Rider