[pct-l] Bleach for water treatment

Hello all,
I just returned yesterday from doing Kennedy Meadows
(south) to Red's Meadow....what an amazing section of
trail!!!  We used bleach to treat the water and I am
curious what others know about this practice.  Anybody
know what the standard "dosage" is?  Are there any
long term issues to worry about?  Effectiveness?

I was using 3 drops per quart of water (4 if it didn't
look as good) and waited 20 minutes to drink it.  Two
of us used just over 1oz in 15 days...sure is a light
way to go!

Thanks,
Greg
Also, if anyone has questions about this section:
conditions, VVR (not impressed), resupply,
transportation, whatever....just email me!