[pct-l] Meeting up w/ Husband... and a Question about Yosemite

Thanks all,

Since one of the main points in me going is to resupply him and deliver
new shoes etc, using the YART would be a pain.   BTW - he highly
recommends the New Balance Trail runners since they have size 4E if you
have wide feet - he is using  the  807AT and only had 2 blisters the
entire way (the shoes have lasted 800 miles), I think I'll keep the
white wolf tent cabin and go pick him up at Tuolumne, get him a nice
shower etc.   If it were during the week rather than July 4th weekend
I'd take the risk and go early to snag a spot.   I'm not sure how
crowded it will be, but I can envision all the campsites getting
snapped up on Friday July 2nd (as someone else mentioned).  Another
plus is I won't have to sleep in a tent with his stinky sleeping bag
again :)

Just a comment regarding food - I'm Chinese and we did a lot of the
food shopping at a chinese grocery store for super cheap.  We found
these Tomoshiraga somen (Japanese style noodles) which are tightly
bundled in pre-measured noodle bundles and cook in 3 minutes.  They
just keep adding different soup/flavor mixes.  The noodles are pretty
much flavorless so you can vary it - they generally have noodles every
other day and so far haven't gotten sick of it.  Since they are using
an alcohol stove, faster is better.  A high high calorie snack are
these "Pineapple Cakes" found in the cookie/snack aisle which are 1000
calories for 7 oz.  They don't always have them in their resupply but
for the weight they provide lots of energy and they are packed tightly
in bar formation.

Thanks for all the advice!
Nina