[pct-l] Meeting up w/ Husband... and a Question about Yosemite

I met up with my Husband at VVR to resupply him and his brother.  I
would never ever ever do that road again.  It was 20 miles of torture
for me.  A one lane pitted potholed road with cliffs on one side and
not much space if you meet up with someone going the other way.  It
took me 2 hours to get there.  Edison lake was fairly uncrowded
considering the time of year, but you better be staying for longer than
two nights to make the hassle worth your while.

I'm trying to meet up with them near Tuolumne meadows and unfortunately
they are arriving there July 4th.  I tried the reservation system to
see if I could get a campsite, but no luck there.  I'm also thinking
that since I am arriving on a Sunday that all the "first come-first
serve" camping locations would be taken.  Is this true?  I would hate
to drive out there and then end up having to leave the park.  Is there
any way I can find a place to camp with him - backpackers camp?
anything else?  I've put in a reservation at the White Wolf tent cabin
as a precaution but I'm open for any advice.

Thanks,
Nina the last minute planner.