[pct-l] California Fire Permits

The USFS is clear: specific regulations regarding California Campfire
Permits (including where they're required, how long they're valid, exactly
what they allow, and so on) are determined by each forest.

>From http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/passes/campfire.html: "Remember that
regulations governing campfires are specific to each National Forest and
change with weather conditions and the seasons. To protect yourself and the
forest, before each visit, check with the Forest Service for current
campfire restrictions."

My advice:
1. Get the free permit and carry it; that shows anyone who hassles you that
you tried to comply.
2. Don't start any forest fires.
3. Hike your own hike--and don't sweat the details of precise compliance.