[pct-l] Followup Backpack Question

Shane asked, "P.S.  Bonus fun question: How does one obtain a
trail name: are they given, earned, or do you
just come up with one and use it?"

The short answer is YES!

I picked mine because I'm picky and generally haven't been pleased with
names that I was assigned in my mountaineering club (Hillside Straggler) and
by my dear spouse, Igor/Chuck (Flash) - "Ceanothus" describes my
personality: I can clean up well for short periods during the year, and the
rest of the time I tend to be spiny and short tempered, and sometimes am
drought-deciduous ;-).    To see a particularly nice specimen of Ceanothus
(sometimes called California lilac or Wild Lilac), go here:
http://www.laspilitas.com/plants/1123.htm .

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94